Saturday 27 October 2012

HOW LONELY MY WORLD IS WITHOUT YOU! By Brown Toyin



HOW LONELY MY WORLD IS WITHOUT YOU!

In the middle of the night when men has slept,
 The insects buzz and buzz,
Their once sweet sounds turn into thorns,
Which pierce through my ears.

I hold my chins in my hands,
Sitting outside my little hut,
I think about the good times we had together,
The laughter, the dances, the stories, the love…

I place my hands on my chest,
I have thought they are droplets from the drizzling rain that I feel,
                                                      I never know they are the tears,
                                                      Which flow down my cheeks.

The swift chilly wind outside the thick darkness,
Cut sharply through my skin,
Leaving a vibrating sensation in my heart,
I look at my tattered self,
Then I look up to the sky,
I see a finger writing your name boldly in the clouds,
Are they real? Are my imaginations failing me?

My world! O, Azuru!
My world is totally empty without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment